Human Resource Department
Functions Of Human Resource Department
1. To develop staffing strategic plan which determine how many people will be
employed based on MOP’s needs as well as in compliance with the public service
2. To develop recruitment plan based on HR best practice and in accordance with
regulations of the Public services.
3. Carryout job analysis in order to ensure the right person in the right position.
4. To design job description based on information gathered from the job analysis
prior to the recruitment process.
5. Facilitates/conducts induction program in coordination with the concerned
6. To develop HR policies in collaboration with both internal stakeholders( Policy
and local content Department ,MOP’s operating departments ) and external
stakeholders (Public service ).
7. To develop staff’s compensations and benefits plan that shall meet industry
standards and comparable to what others people performing similar jobs in relevant
institutions are being paid.
8. The Department is responsible for retention of employees not only through
adequate compensations but by constantly addressing factors that keep them motivated
to stay working for the Ministry of Petroleum.
9. The Department is responsible for the welfare of employees by ensuring
protections and safety requirements and that shall be done in collaboration with
Health and Safety Department.
10. To consider and forecast the impact of external forces (external factors) and
report necessary action to the management.
11. To design organizational structure and keeps it updated in order to cope up with
changes ,MOP’s organizational growth and that shall be made in collaboration with
MOP’s users departments.
12. To manage and supervise daily attendance of MOP’s employees (classified staff)
and compile report to Management.
13. To manage and issue certificates of leaves (vocational, annual, partial, sick
report etc) and report validity and expiry dates to the Management.
14. To set pension and retirement plan in collaboration with the relevant
institutions as well as employees in question.
Admin and Finance > Admin Department