Functions Of Procurement Department
1. To conduct procurement of goods and services as required by various end users in
accordance with the law.
2. Advise user departments on individual procurement and disposal method practices.
3. To maintain sound cooperative relationships with the users departments through
provision of information and necessary advice to ensure the effective operation of
the organization as a whole.
4. To ensure submissions to the Procurement committee are on time and in correct
manner and to request for meetings when required.
- 5. To manage pre-bid meetings.
- 6. Manage bid closing and opening.
- 7. Manage evaluation process.
8. Monitor contract management to comply with terms and conditions of the awarded
9. To report any significant departures from the terms and conditions to the
accounting officer and Procurement committee.
- 10. Advertise bid opportunities.
- 11. Issue bid documents and any amendments.
- 12. Make recommendations for the award to Procurement committee.
- 13. Require reports from user departments relating to contract management.
- 14. To choose and prepare tools and processes to communicate with suppliers.
- 15. To prepare requests for proposals and requests for quotations.
16. To set policies for evaluating proposals, quotations and suppliers in
collaboration with Local Content and Policy Department.
17. To supply the organization with a flow of materials and services to meet its
18. To ensure continuity of supply by maintaining effective relationships with
existing sources and by developing other sources of supply either as alternatives to
meet emerging or planned needs.
19. To develop policies, procedures and required processes to ensure the achievement
of procurement objectives.
Administration and Finance > Procurement Department