Monitoring and Evaluation Department
Functions Of Monitoring and Evaluation Department
1. Provide technical leadership to develop project framework, plans and indicators
to capture performance results and provide effective, accurate and
timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
2. Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure the project achieves its goals
and corresponding objectives and target.
3. Oversee the development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan.
4. Lead strategic collaboration activities with Directorates to detect deviations
from project data and adapt interventions as appropriate.
5. Ensure quality of data through verification procedures, and this must be done
routinely during the project lifecycle.
6. Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of project
activities and budgets spending.
7. Ensure confidentiality of project data during the work of the Evaluation
- 8. Lead the development of Project M&E strategy and Plans.
- 9. Oversee the development and testing of M&E tools, approaches and databases.
- 10. Collect all relevant data from the Projects implementers.
11. Analyze the M&E data collected from implementing partners, identifying important
issues and lessons, and communicating these to the relevant stakeholder to
facilitate the implementation of feasibility and baseline studies where appropriate
12. Leads the design and implementation of high quality evaluations, ensuring that
evaluation findings are used to improve programming and decision making.
13. Review periodic technical reports of projects, provide appropriate comments and
prepare consolidated quarterly reports.
14. Recommend remedial actions in case of any disparity between planned and actual
- 15. Receive monthly planned activities as per the annual work plan.
16. Conduct quarterly meeting with all the departments/projects on the progress of
annual work plan.
Planning and Research > Monitoring and Evaluation Department